Monday, February 20, 2012

What I worry about

Last week, I met a friend of book blogger Chachic. Let's call him O. O and I talked about books for one of his school projects. He was kind enough to send me the draft of what he plans to submit to his teacher, and I found a bit there that I'd like to share.

Here it is, with some editing on my part.



When I was starting out, I would ask myself, how can I write something that a publisher would want to read? But now, because publishing is so easy, I don't have to think about that anymore. What I think about is how to write something "good," something that a reader would want to pick up or buy.


I don't know how this affects other writers, but knowing that the reader (and not the publisher) is my main audience has made it easier for me to write. I don't have to worry so much about publishing. Instead I worry about its entertainment value. Will I want to read it? I write now to entertain myself and certain people.


Thanks for letting me talk, O. :)

2 comments:

  1. I asked him if I could post snippets of your interview on my blog and he said he still needs to edit and finalize the draft (he sent me the draft as well). So glad he decided to read your books and interview you based on my recommendation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you too, Chachic! Always curious to find out what guys think of the stories haha.

    ReplyDelete