Friday, May 21, 2010

Consider me persuaded

I have to admit, I was going through the motions while reading Jane Austen's Persuasion. I've read Pride and Prejudice and Emma recently, and because I tend to see them occurring in the same universe, I became lazy when I read the latest one.

So I was ho-humming through maybe 80% of this novel... and then I got to THAT SCENE. (You know, when Anne and Harville were talking about men and women and Wentworth is writing a letter on the other side of the room.)

Man! It was kilig city from that point on. I'm sorry I doubted you, Jane. You brought so much more out of two people walking (and not even really talking) than I ever thought possible.

Get Persuasion free on Project Gutenberg.

1 comment:

  1. I always have the same feeling about Jane's novels, and then there's always THAT scene that changes everything. :D Pride and Prejudice did that to me, too.

    ReplyDelete