Thursday, March 6, 2014

Set your readers to steamy

Do we have enough English-language adult romance by Filipino authors? I thought we didn't, and that it's such a shame. Some people agreed with me.

So for five weeks in 2014, we did something about it. I offered a class in adult-romance writing. 60 people signed up. Buqo agreed to sponsor it, and offer ebook distribution to anyone who finished their "steamy read" in time. 23 stories were in draft form at the end of the class.

On Friday, the final final manuscripts of the #buqosteamyreads stories are due, and there may be some last-minute panicking. I hope everyone who reads this sends happy vibes and good cheer to these authors, who shared their energy, ideas, pics of shirtless guys... everyone was such a good sport, and I want to see them all published. (YOU CAN DO IT YOU CAN DO IT!)

Fortunately I was able to finish a story too (almost didn't!). It's called "Wedding Night Stand" (it's not about furniture) and it'll be sold exclusively on buqo for a year. For mature readers only though.

Authors, buqo, and casual observers of the #buqosteamyreads hashtag, thank you and YOU CAN DO IT!


No comments:

Post a Comment