Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Neil's back



Several things are happening all at once here. Neil Gaiman's visiting Manila again. They're announcing the winners of the 3rd Philippine Graphic/Fiction Awards. There will be some sort of raffle to attend a book-signing. They're launching an anthology featuring past winners and finalists.

This time of year (when it actually happens in a year) is fun because it gets the lovers of books and writing all giddy. It's a special time for us personally too: My husband Mike shared first place honors the first time the contest was held, and was a finalist on the second year. His story ("In the Eyes of Many," which I consider my favorite of the stuff he's done) is in the anthology they're launching.

I don't know if I'm getting involved in the meet-and-greet festivities again, but I'm going to be there to watch and enjoy the geekiness that'll ensue. And I mean that in the best way.

No comments:

Post a Comment